Do you like to plug in the headphones and escape? Below are some lively podcast conversations and audio snippets that will interest you for hours. Thanks for listening!
THE #METOO RECKONING
Podcast interviews about THE #METOO RECKONING typically cover a lot of territory. Expect to hear the host and me discuss sexuality and the church in some form — that may include purity culture, or the Bible, or recent events. For sure we’ll talk about the central issue: why the church tends to deny and cover up sexual abuse.
- Where Do We Go From Here? with Jessica Van Der Wyngaard and Devi Abraham, A Pastor Says #MeToo, episode 35, September 9, 2020.
- Can I Say This At Church? with Seth Price, The #MeToo Reckoning, July 27, 2020.
- Her Story Speaks with Andrea Miller, The #MeToo Reckoning, episode 58, April 24, 2020
- The Disrupters Podcast with Esau McCaulley, Ruth Everhart Reexamines Our Faulty Systems, episode 9
- Faith Conversations with Anita Lustrea, episode 218
- Fierce and Lovely, Beth Bruno #MeToo: Why It Still Matters, episode 62
- Rethinking Faith with Josh & Marty, The #MeToo Reckoning, Feb 5, 2020
- Things Not Seen, David Dault The Lens of Vulnerability, Jan 30, 2020
- Straight White American Jesus, Brad Onishi, On Rape Culture and Purity Culture, Jan 29, 2020
- Closing Argument with Walter Hudson and Nathan Roberts, MeToo and the Church, Jan 14, 2020
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR resources for churches, here’s a webinar I did for Safe Church Ministry, Christian Reformed Church, Apr 29, 2020.
RUINED: a memoir
You can listen to me read the Epilogue to my spiritual memoir, RUINED. Because the Epilogue is a Letter to My Daughters, it made sense for a reader to hear it in my voice, literally. I was grateful the publisher let me read this section for the Audio version of the book.
After RUINED came out, I did a lot of interviews. I’ll link just one interview — an hour long, broken into four parts. The radio host is Michelle McKormick for “Sound Off West Michigan” (WJRW 1340 AM) in Grand Rapids, Michigan — the city where the “ruining” event happened. Michelle remembered the crime spree in 1978 and had many questions for me! We didn’t even pause for station breaks.
CHASING THE DIVINE IN THE HOLY LAND
Here are some brief audio snippets of me reading selected paragraphs from my first book, CHASING THE DIVINE IN THE HOLY LAND. See if they paint a picture for you.