Do you like to plug in the headphones and escape? My books are available on Audible where you can listen to a free sample. Below the podcast conversations about my latest book are audio snippets. Thanks for listening!
THE #METOO RECKONING
- #14 Preacher Boys Podcast, Eric Skwarcynski
- #13 “Watch Out For Boys Who Want to Push Your Boundaries” with Sheila Wray Gregoire at “Bare Marriage” (formerly To Love, Honor and Vacuum), episode 84 “On Sexual Boundaries and Rape Culture in the Church” January 21, 2021. Video available on YouTube.
- #12 #ChurchToo — Facing the Church’s Complicity in Sexual Abuse and Misconduct at Faith & Feminism Podcast with Meghan Tschanz, episode 109, November 30, 2020.
- #11 Restoring the Soul with Michael John Cusick, Rev. Ruth Everhart, The #MeToo Reckoning, episode 148, October 2, 2020.
- #10 Where Do We Go From Here? with Jessica Van Der Wyngaard and Devi Abraham, A Pastor Says #MeToo, episode 35, September 9, 2020.
- #9 Can I Say This At Church? with Seth Price, The #MeToo Reckoning, July 27, 2020.
- #8 Her Story Speaks with Andrea Miller, The #MeToo Reckoning, episode 58, April 24, 2020
- #7 The Disrupters Podcast with Esau McCaulley, Ruth Everhart Reexamines Our Faulty Systems, episode 9
- #6 Faith Conversations with Anita Lustrea, episode 218
- #5 Fierce and Lovely, Beth Bruno #MeToo: Why It Still Matters, episode 62
- #4 Rethinking Faith with Josh & Marty, The #MeToo Reckoning, Feb 5, 2020
- #3 Things Not Seen, David Dault The Lens of Vulnerability, Jan 30, 2020
- #2 Straight White American Jesus, Brad Onishi, On Rape Culture and Purity Culture, Jan 29, 2020
- #1 Closing Argument with Walter Hudson and Nathan Roberts, MeToo and the Church, Jan 14, 2020
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR resources for churches, here’s a webinar I did for Safe Church Ministry, Christian Reformed Church, Apr 29, 2020.
RUINED: a memoir
It’s fun to hear an author’s voice, especially when they write something as personal as memoir! You can listen to me read the Epilogue to RUINED — which is a Letter to My Daughters. I was grateful the publisher let me read this section for the Audio version of the book. If you like to absorb books through your ears, I hope you’ll give it a listen.
After RUINED came out, I did a lot of interviews. I’ll link just one — an hour long interview broken into four parts. The radio host is Michelle McKormick for “Sound Off West Michigan” (WJRW 1340 AM) in Grand Rapids, Michigan — the city where the “ruining” event happened. Michelle remembered the crime spree in 1978 and had many questions for me! We didn’t even pause for station breaks.
CHASING THE DIVINE IN THE HOLY LAND
Here are some brief audio snippets of me reading selected paragraphs from my first book, CHASING THE DIVINE IN THE HOLY LAND. See if they paint a picture for you.