- began with the spontaneous decision to take in a Broadway production of MARY POPPINS (marquee noticed at 7:16, show began at 7:30)
- continued with a pilgrimage to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, where love is in the air (and reverberates blissfully in the ear drums)
- then spanned two family reunions, His (Lake Erie) & Hers (Lake Michigan)
- involved camping for 3 nights at a KOA where a love-gone-wrong ended badly at the next campsite (handcuffs were involved)
- involved camping for 5 nights at a State Park where my sister and brother-in-law came to our rescue with an extension cord and a coffeemaker (because love needs coffee)
- was highlighted by a phenomenal family party to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, in which one sister produced amazing food and another sister played her violin (the same number she’d played at our wedding)
- featured a perfect 25th Anniversary Gift surprise by our daughters (more on that later)
- included a dune buggy ride, a dune hike, and, of course, a lighthouse.
Let the next 25 years begin!